Within the National Park Garajonay, in its green heart, we find the Hermitage of El Cedro and its environment. The chapel is built to be dedicated to Our Lady of Lourdes at the initiative of the English governess Florence Stephan Parry and was inaugurated in 1935. It chairs a square, through which proceeds the path that leads to the hamlet of El Cedro to Contadero, which consolidates a small clearing in the green forest that covers the entire ravine.


Attached there is a recreational area equipped with tables and benches and a stream of water “coming from inside a tree.” The bed of the “El Cedro” ravine runs next to this area, with water flowing throughout the year, this increases the sense of peace, giving a little background sound to the silence that prevails in this area.